We, like many of you, are ready to get back to church as normal. Unfortunately, the days and times we are living in will not make it possible for us to go back to the way things were in the past for quite some time. However, we can plan to tackle this as best as we can. So, here is our plan for Passion Community Church.
On May 24th we will go to an outside/drive-in church service. Currently all public schools are closed to outside groups until at the earliest June 30th. Due to the school being closed we have moved our services to Camp Carl located at 3024 Calvin Rd. Ravenna, Ohio. Camp Carl has been so gracious to give us a temporary home until the time that the schools again open up to outside groups. Our goal is to have drive-in/outside church until mid-June, at which time, we will go back to inside church at Camp Carl until the schools open back up.
When you arrive at camp you will be greeted by a member of Passion and given details on where to park as well as envelopes for giving. (Having said that we still HIGHLY suggest that your giving be done at Passioncommunitychurch.com/give for the time being). Please be sure to park at least six feet apart from the other vehicles. Please stay in or around your vehicle. As much as we will want to interact with each other please do so from your vehicle! We will broadcast the service on the radio and the station will be given to you when you enter. Weather permitting, we will be having the full service outside, and speakers will also be used to hear the service.
For the time being we will not have children’s church, coffee time, and any other personal interactions. I know that we are a church who is very much like family. But please do not hug, shake hands, and by all means no holy kisses for now! We are asking you to be creative in sharing your love and joy with each other while not sharing the virus and from six feet apart!
Camp Carl does have restroom facilities. However, we are asking you to limit the visits to the facilities and also limit it to you and your family members only at one time. Sorry ladies but you will have to use the restroom without your girlfriends!
If you feel at all nervous and or sick or have been around someone who is sick, please remain at home and join us via online church or via Facebook live. We look forward to remaining in worship with you online and now also in person!
1. We will be asking that you take your temperature and stay at home if you have any fever, or if you are in any way ill. In addition, please do not attend if you or a family member has been with someone that has or has been exposed to Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
2. All individuals coming into Passion will be required to wear a mask when coming and going, including the use of bathrooms. When you reach your seats, you may remove masks. A mask will be provided to you if you do not have one.
3. Doors will be propped open to allow entry without touching the door handles. As much as we would love to greet you with a hug or handshake, we will not be doing so for the immediate time frame.
4. We are temporarily no longer serving coffee and or snacks until we enter a later phase of the return program. Make sure to fill up before coming to church!
5. When we return to in person church, we will require all chairs to be separated by family units and at least at a distance of 6 feet from fellow congregants.
6. We will also ask you not to hug or shake hands for the time being until we again reach a different timetable
7. There will be no children’s church in person. For the immediate time frame, we are asking that children stay with you in your family unit!
8. All small groups will remain online or if weather permits, outdoors until further notice.
9. All door handles and surfaces that we come in contact with will be sanitized regularly before, during, and after each service.
10. We highly recommend that if you are at risk, elderly, or for any reason nervous, that you remain at home and attend our services via Facebook live or our live stream at the website.